Science Research and Innovation
SPSUACE is one of the largest high schools l in the country which along with educational activity carries out scientific, scientific and technical and innovative researches and workings out. The university is a leading centre of science on research of fundamental and applied problems of architecture, city and road building, motor transport, ecology, heat - and water supply, economy, organization, management and other directions of a modern science. Rich historical traditions, highly skilled experts, modern material base allow SPSUACE to carry out scientific and innovative activity at high professional level.
The pro-rector on scientific work supervises scientific work at SPSUACE.
Research activity in SPSUACE is directed on obtaining new knowledge in the basic scientifically-educational directions and their use for preparation of the qualified specialists and top-skilled scientific and pedagogical staff, conservation and development of leading scientific and pedagogical collectives, attracting and involving young people in education sphere and sciences, creation of high technologies and competitive scientific and technical products.
The strategy and policy of developing research activity at the university is defined by Academic council of SPSUACE .
Research activity of the university is carried out on nine basic scientific directions:
- Problems of building, reconstruction and restoration of buildings and installations;
- Architecture problems in building and reconstruction of town-planning and cultural monuments;
- Construction and open geotechnology;
- Problems of the organization, control and economy of construction of buildings and installations;
- Problems of a transport infrastructure in the conditions of evolution of historical cities;
- Ecology and impact of economic activities on the state of environment;
- The theory and technique of the vocational training and education on different educational fields and levels;
- Research of differential geometry problems, statistics and mathematical physics by means of the differential equations and systems;
- Legal regulating of conducting legal expertise and providing national, economic and information security.
Research activity of the university includes:
1. Fulfilment of fundamental and applied scientific researches and experimental works on:
- the state order of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation and orders of other ministries and departments;
- Russian Federal Property Fund grants, Russian Humanitarian Science Foundation (RHSF), Russian Science Foundation (RSF);
- federal purpose-oriented programs;
- grants of the Government of St.-Petersburg for students, post-graduate students and young scientists;
- research scientific work, financed at the expense of off-budget means of SPSUACE, including one for students and young scientists;
- economic contracts with the organizations and the enterprises.
2. The organization and conducting scientific congresses, conferences, symposiums, seminars, exhibitions, etc.
3. Training top-skilled scientific and pedagogical staff.
The publication of the scientific and technical journal «Bulletin of civil engineers», the scientifically-practical reviewed journal «Architecture and Engineering», monographies, collections of scientific papers, materials of scientific conferences, etc.
Results of scientific research for the last five years have been used in industrial activity of such large organizations and enterprises, as: State Unitary Enterprise «Water canal of St.-Petersburg», ventilation plant "LiSsan", State Unitary Enterprise VTSKP "Housing and communal services", Joint-Stock Company "Institute" Stroyproekt », Open Society" Airline "Russia", Open Society "Power machines - ZTL, LMZ, Elektrosila, Energomasheksport", Joint-Stock Company "Construction department- 5", Joint-Stock Company "Gatchina SSK", Joint-Stock Company "EVROMONO-LIT", Joint-Stock Company "LSR-BASE", Joint-Stock Company Ferro-concrete Constructions and Details ", Joint-Stock Company" Kamennogorsky open-cut mining department ", Open Society" Mostostostroitelny trust № 6 ", a recreation centre of A.M.Gorky, State Unitary Enterprise« Water canal of St.-Petersburg », etc.
Results of scientific research are applied at the organization of educational process: there are introduced new and modernized existing special disciplines, new curricula and master’s programs are developed; in preparation and conducting classes on advanced training of construction engineers.
The gained scientific results are used in the further scientific works on the state orders of Ministry of Education and Science of Russia, Russian Federal Property Fund projects, Russian Humanitarian Science Foundation (RHSF), Russian Science Foundation (RSF); research scientific work, financed by the university.
The list of scientific and scientific and pedagogical schools of St-Petersburg included in the catalogue of leading scientific and scientific and pedagogical schools of St.-Petersburg, stated by the order of Committee on science and higher school of St.-Petersburg from 13.12.2013 № 99, includes the scientific schools of SPSUACE on the following scientific spheres of activity:
- Providing ecological safety of water objects in transporting, refining and salvaging sewage waters, the head - Alekseev Michael Ivanovich, D.Sc. in engineering, the professor;
- Problems of efficiency of regional investment-construction complexes as self-organizing and self-regulating systems, the head - Asaul Anatoly Nikolaevich, D.Sc. in economics, the professor;
- Mathematical models of shaping structures in biology, physics and economy, the head- Belopolskaya Yana Isaevna, D. Sc.in physics and mathematics, the professor;
- Control of operate reliability and definition of a working resource of urban and road bridges designs, the head- Bystrov Vladimir Apolinarjevich, Cand. Sc. In engineering, the professor;
- Working out effective technologies of constructing multistory civil buildings, the head - Verstov Vladimir Vladimirovich, D.Sc. in engineering the professor;
- The organization of traffic safety, the head - Evtjukov Sergey Arkadjevich, D.Sc. in engineering, the professor, the head of the chair of over-ground transport technological machines;
- Working out security of strength, stability and oscillations of building constructions, buildings and installations, the head– Karpov Vladimir Vasiljevich, D.Sc. in engineering the professor;
- Power savings in construction works, the head - Datsyuk Tamara Aleksandrovna, D.Sc. in engineering, the professor, the head of the chair of engineering physics and chemistry,
- Technology and the organization of building constructions, foundation and bases, underground structures, the head - Mangushev Rashid Abdullovich, D.Sc. in engineering the professor,the head of the chair of geotechnics;
- Methodological problems of efficiency of investment- construction activity, the head- Panibratov Yury Pavlovich, D.Sc. in economics, the professor;
- Nanostructrural inoculation and dispersible reinforcement of construction items and constructions, the head - Puharenko Yury Vladimirovich, D.Sc. in engineering the professor, the head of the chair of technology of building materials and metrology;
- Historical and architectural and historical and town-planning researches, the head - Sementsov Sergey Vladimirovich, Dr. of architecture, the head of the chair of architectural and urban planning heritage;
- Working out the complex technologies of refining natural, reverse and sewage waters from specific anthropogenous and technogenic contaminations and water purification in the emergency situations, the head - Feofanov Yury Aleksandrovich,. , D.Sc. in engineering, the professor.